Property Owner's Toolkit to Understanding Assessments
Is Your Assessment Accurate?
Your assessment should reflect the approximate value for which you could sell your property (market value). If you believe your assessment is too high, you have the right to request a review of your assessment. The deadline in the Town of Ramapo is the 4th Tuesday in May (May 28, 2016).
- Printable Grievance Booklet
- How to estimate the market value of your home
- Fair Assessments: A Guide for Property Owners
- Fairness and Equity: The Job of the Assessor. Approximately 11 minutes long and gives viewers an overview of the various tasks of the assessor as well as discussing the importance of fair assessments. (WMV - 31.1 MB)
- Contest an Assessment (Youtube)
- Is your Assessment fair? (Youtube)
- RP-524 Complaint on Real Property Assessment
- RP-524-INS Instructions for Filing Complaints (PDF)
Grievance is May 1st through the 4th Tuesday of May